For 12 Standard Shells Or 22 Small Shells Or 6 Standard Shells and 12 Small Shells
1000g your favourite recipe of chicken curry, just how you like it – remember to keep the chicken pieces quite small, so they fit in your shells along with the sauce.
1lb puff pastry rolled and cut for lids to suit
A rolling pin
Flour for dusting
Pastry cutters (85-90mm for standard shells, 65-70mm for small shells)
(Heat up your oven to 180 Degrees Celsius, 360 Degrees Fahrenheit, Gas Mark 4-5)
1. Fill each shell with the same amount of chicken curry, using up all the filling.
2. Roll out the puff pastry to about 3mm thick, cut out the lids and place on top of the filling.
3. Lightly brush the lids with milk or egg – this will give them a lovely shiny golden finish when they are baked.
4. Place the pies on a baking tray, ensuring that the pies are not touching each other and then place them in the oven on the middle shelf.
5. Cook for 15 minutes (by now, the glorious aroma of baking pies should be filling your kitchen!)
6. Remove the pies from the oven. Turn the baking tray round.
7. Bake for a further 15 minutes, the curry will be bubbling and the puff pastry lid will be lovely and golden. The smell will be incredible.
8. Finish by dusting the lid with paprika to give an interesting and colourful finish.
The pies will look amazing and taste delicious straight from the oven. I want one. Enjoy!!